Wednesday, December 21, 2011

a little something....


I love having extra gifts on hand for Christmas.....it seems I always need a little something for someone unexpectedly. My sweet pea and I whipped up these super easy peasy fragrance jelly jars in no time flat....a great gift for someone you treasure.

You will need....

clean jelly jars
salt
water
4 packets unflavored gelatin
fragrance or essential oils
food coloring (if desired)


First get your jars clean and ready to go. I had some mini jelly jars available....so these are what I used. You will start with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil either on the stove top or in the microwave. Next add your 4 packets of unflavored gelatin to the boiling water and stir until dissolved. Now add 2 drops of food coloring to your jars as well as about 2 capfuls of fragrance to each jar. I like my scents a little stronger...so you might want to add more or less fragrance depending on how strong you would like your fragrance to be. 


Now add 1 cup or cold water to your gelatin water mixture as well as 1 tablespoon salt and stir until mixed thoroughly.  Now pour that mixture into your jars......stir each jar carefully until mixed.


They will look a little foamy....not to worry...this will go away. I like to refrigerate my jars to help them set a little quicker.  You can add a little lace or tulle to the tops of each one and a little ribbon....viola'....and instant gift! Merry Christmas to everyone and may peace be with you all!

1 comment:

copyright one ripe peach 2009-2012